Here’s what I loved this week:
March is Crochet Month – check out the Ravelry party.
Brownies in eggshells & 11 other intriguing Easter egg ideas
I’m so fascinated by Uta Barth’s photography.
It looks like a sun. So I must make it.
~so many inspiring instagrams yesterday for #internationalwomensday~
And guess what? Corynn & Angela at Good Will Hoarding nominated me for the Liebster award. How cool is that?! I am honored. I just found their blog the other day and I love it because I’ve been a thrifter for many years.
The Liebster is given to illuminate up and coming blogs to the blog world. The Liebster nominees are asked to share 11 facts about themselves and answer 11 questions given by the nominator:
11 facts about me:
- I grew up in Provo, Utah, home of Brigham Young University. Nearly every morning my father woke us up with the BYU Cougars fight song. Shockingly, not one of us four kids attended BYU.
- I learned to crochet when I was 9. A neighbor taught me some basics and I picked up the rest from library books. I’m on a quest to find my favorite of those.
- I’ve been a single mom since 2001. I started learning to knit during the divorce. It helped me get through it all.
- TLC channel is my TV guilty pleasure.
- I love monster movies. Godzilla, vampires, zombies, ghosts, Frankenstein, giant mutant bugs, whatever.
- I still love 80s alternative music.
- Today I’m having a pajama day at home with my daughter watching a Toddlers & Tiaras marathon, trying to ignore that it snowed again, and getting some more rows done on my garter stitch blanket.
- I drink a cup of dark coffee every morning. Today was Caffe Verona.
- My style icon is Phoebe Buffay from Friends.
- If I could get away with being barefoot all the time, I’d throw away all my shoes.
- I can’t whistle. At all.
GWH’s Questions for Joyfulwise
What kind of camera do you use? I use a Canon Rebel T2i DSLR and my iPod touch for instagrams.
- What are 3 things that no one would know by looking at you? I’m tough as nails. I have a fairly dark, sarcastic sense of humor. I’m really not very patient.
- What inspires you? The desert, creative & innovative people, stories of overcoming.
- What is your next blog post going to be about? I have no idea. You’ll see tomorrow!
- What is your favorite punctuation mark? Question marks.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Christmas music when it’s not December.
- On looking back at your life thus far, what is your favorite memory? When I was 18, in Paris, with a group of students, exploring the museums and cafes.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I’d go back to Paris. Then I’d hop the pond and go to Ireland and Scotland.
- Do you collect anything? If so what? Yes! I collect Fiestaware dishes, some vintage, some new. I love using them every day.
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Nothing. I like myself the way I am.
- Who is your favorite author? I have a lot of favorites….Margaret Atwood is the one I re-read the most.I seriously cannot narrow it down to one blog to nominate for this! What are your favorite blogs? Leave a link in the comments!